In honor of his seventh birthday, I've made several lists of sevens for my sweet Sambo.
(2 months old)
Things I love about you:
1. Your giggle when something tickles your funny bone.
2. You tell your brothers that you love them every night before you go to sleep.
3. You always tell your sisters they look pretty when they're all dressed up.
4. You can and will play with any child, no matter how old they are.
5. You love and devour books just like your mama and big sister.
6. You scoop up Jack just so you can hug him even when you're just watching tv.
7. The quickest way to your heart is through a huge (and I mean HUGE) stack of pancakes.
(13 months old)
(2 years old)
(2 years old)
(3 years old)
Some of my favorite memories:
1. You dancing to the rhythm of the washing machine when you had just learned to walk.
2. The first time you laughed was when Mama was singing "Marian, the Librarian" from the Music Man to you and making goofy faces.
3. As soon as you could walk, you were at your Daddy's feet so much that he had to learn to look behind him before he took a step backwards.
4. You were worried about Maggie going out too far in the ocean when we were at the beach.
5. The way I used to have to warm up the potty seat for you by sitting on it the first winter you were potty-trained.
6. When I was pregnant with you, you would always wake up about the time Daddy got home from work and you'd start kicking as soon as you heard his voice.
7. The first time you signed "I love you" to me. Up until then, I wasn't sure you really liked me, so that made my heart sing with happiness!
(4 years old)
(The Three Musketeers)
My favorite blog posts about my Sambo (or have at least something to do with him):
2. Sam loves his Foof-Foof, even to this day.
3. My Once in a Lifetime Offer
7. His double birthday in A Mama's Prayer
(Christmas 2011, 6 years old)
Although you still consider yourself a daddy's boy, I think you've grown to love me, too, which is really good because I adore you, your smile, your laugh and your boy-ish sense of humor.
Blessings to you, dear boy. Happy birthday!