I'm going to give you two examples of the different ways and you guess which one I fall into, okay?
- Every time the Olympics come on, this person fast forwards through every bit of commentary, grumbling to themself, "Hurry up with the sports already. Women's basketball, badminton, synchronized swimming? You've gotta be kidding me."
- Fast forward through almost every behind-the-scenes background story of the athlete that beat the odds.
- Fast forward through all the medals ceremonies.
- Fast forward through all the cool cultural English stuff that his wifey finds absolutely fascinating.
- Only care to watch the stories of the athletes after they've won their event.
- Rewinds to watch every.single.men's.track.race. Every time. I think we've watched Usain Bolt win three thousand times. Both races. And guess what? He wins every time.
- "Rewind, rewind, REWIND! I just saw Catherine Middleton!" as this person comes screeching and running in from the kitchen.
- Cried when they showed Edinburgh and London at the Opening Ceremonies. This person also wants one of those Mini-Coopers that retrieve all those field thingies like the javelin and an Aston-Martin that they talked about. It's only like $300,000. No problemo.
- Watches every single down-on-their-luck athlete's story, then roots for them even if their sport is uninteresting, unknown or just downright weird (think rhythmic gymnastics).
- Is happy anytime anyone wins a gold medal.
- Asks repeatedly, "Do you think she's pretty? I think she's pretty. It's okay if you think she's pretty because I think she's pretty. You just can't think she's too pretty."
- "Wait! Stop! Go back! Did you see Buckingham Palace in the background?" Repeat inserting different locations each time.
- "When I run in the Olympics, I'm going to wear false eyelashes like the lady from Kenya and a flower in my hair like Alysia Montano." (Wanna know why she does that? Here)
Okay, now it's up to you. Which one am I and which one is my hubby.
Good luck. I know you're going to need it.