Six. How in the world did this little firecracker of a daughter of mine turn six today? Please can't someone make it stop?
Today is Olivia's sixth birthday and my mind inevitably goes back to that day when she was born. How could it not? Before I get all misty-eyed and start dropping tears on the keyboard, let me get ahold of myself for a moment.
Pardon me, won't you?
Nope. The keyboard will just have to live with getting dripped upon.
I realize that y'all don't know Livy like we do. To remedy that, I'm going to share six things about her that only her mama could tell ya. Don't worry. There's nothing sacred here. I'm saving that for when she gets engaged and I can torture her.
Six Things You May Not Have Known About My Livy:
1. She was born four weeks premature. I didn't know that preemies wanted to be held. All.the.stinkin'.time. She could not go to sleep unless either her Daddy or I had our hand somewhere on her body, but preferably her head. For months, we would take turns laying backwards (or would it be upside down?) on our bed to make sure we had her being touched in her cradle at the end of our bed. We got to know each other's feet really, really well.
2. She will be the one child of mine who will still be trying to climb up on my lap when she's fifty years old. (See number 1.)
3. Her first real word was "shoes". I should have known I was in trouble right then and there.
4. That girl is always (and I mean always) moving. Even before she could walk, she's sit on the floor and turn both of her ankles in circle at the same time. She cannot be still for more than fifteen seconds at a time. She's like a little frog.
5. She has very definite ideas of what appropriate dress attire is. If I'm not wearing something that meets her standard of appropriate-ness, she'll look at me askance from the corner of her eye and say, "Is that what you're wearing?" Her future husband had better watch out.
6. She has a matching set of feet to mine. That totally makes her the luckiest girl in the world.
And while I love all of these things about my Liv, my absolute favorite things are the fact that she is a mighty prayer warrior, her deeply compassionate heart and her desire to please Jesus every day.
She is precious in His eyes. And mine.
Happy birthday, my Olivia.